Application Security Engineer at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking to for our first Application Security Engineers as we scale grow our global security team. You should have a natural curiosity about how things are built, and even more curiosity on how they're broken, and leverage your knowledge of secure software architecture and design principles to build resilient applications and platforms. As a critical piece of Collibra's product and engineering ecosystem, your code and problem solving will help position Collibra as a leader across multiple categories.A day in the life of an AppSec Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Director of Application Security and will be responsible for a number of tasks, including:
- Providing engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product and roadmap decisions
- Working hands on with our engineering teams to resolve security issues and harden the platform from security findings and vulnerabilities
- Managing security processes involved in the SDLC (CI/CD, static code analysis tools, etc.), with a goal of automation always in mind
- Enabling our engineering teams with secure coding practices to product engineering teams, and advocate the benefits of secure practices throughout Collibra
- Collaborating to create security requirements and deliver security risk assessments
- Conducting manual code reviews, penetration security testing, automated security testing, and coordinated external penetration testings, followed by safeguards and countermeasures to fortify the Collibra platform
- 4+ years in technical product or application layer security, preferably in a SaaS or Internet company
- Autonomy at your core; as a security engineer you manage your day and determine your success, but know your contributions need to be visible to and felt by the broader organizations
- You have a background in secure software design, software engineering, and security / cloud operation and immerse yourself in security best practices and trends
- Strong understanding of application security architecture and the ability to articulate best practices in application security.
- Excellent communication skills. A demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues all audiences.
- Strong, proven experience integrating application security into SDLC and CI/CD processes including automated workflows
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, GCP and other cloud providers
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package