Teachable is looking for an Application Security Engineer. We're a growing team of people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, architecture, and are driven by a mission to empower creators to transform their knowledge into income.
As a member of our Infrastructure & Information Security pod, you will support our cloud infrastructure by developing tools, building services, and providing consultative services to our engineering teams. You will be a key part in safeguarding our creators who entrust Teachable with their content every day. You’ll plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks.
You can read up more about our DevOps culture in this interview with our Senior Manager of Infrastructure and Information Security
We are looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of professional hands-on experience contributing to and securing production web applications
- Software development experience using Ruby, Python, Java, Go, etc.
- We mostly use Ruby but we think experience in multiple languages is valuable for this role
- Experience with security in containerized infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- A strong foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of application security. Particularly web application security
- Excitement for the prospect of collaborating with a diverse team to tackle meaningful problems each and every day
- Sympathy for the complexity of being a developer and want to help make writing secure code easier
- A kind, passionate, and collaborative attitude that is a problem-solver that seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact
- General knowledge of DevOps, cloud architectures, and deployment processes
What you will be doing:
- Establish and champion secure code practices across the engineering team
- Perform internal security assessments and deliver high-quality remediation guidance
- Prioritize, triage and collaborate on remediation of vulnerabilities and findings from automated tools, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs
- Champion and mentor others secure code practices across engineering at Teachable
- Mentor software engineers and strive to level up the overall security awareness
- Develop and implement secure software development lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Integrate security tooling in the CI/CD pipeline
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $850 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least January 2021
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.