Hyperscience is a technology company blazing a new path in enterprise automation with a reimagined approach to building and powering processes. The Hyperscience Platform is the world's first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome Automation platform used by top public companies and government organizations around the world to build and run mission-critical processes with ease and speed.
Hyperscience helps enterprises quickly build and roll out new business processes with built-in automations, reduce manual errors, increase high- and low-skilled employee productivity, and eliminate the need for costly transformation. Hyperscience’s Intelligent Document Processing solution has been implemented at some of the world's leading financial services, insurance, healthcare and government organizations, including TD Ameritrade, QBE Insurance Group Limited and Voya Financial, helping them lower costs, reduce error rates by 67% and increase employee capacity by 10x.
Since its founding in 2014, Hyperscience has grown to more than 250 employees with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, and London, UK, and has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work, with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
We are looking for a software-focused security engineer who is excited for the challenge in building a secure product from the ground up. As a member of a growing team in a fast-moving startup, this individual will have the opportunity to drive key cornerstones of our product security. If you love to code, have unique ideas in solving security issues, and are motivated by the challenge of securing a product relied on by some of the world’s largest companies, this role is for you.
- Implement a software assurance model designed to address security defects early in the delivery pipeline.
- Perform security design reviews for new features and product releases.
- Perform code reviews and advise developers on remediation techniques.
- Design controls to detect and respond to common attacks on our platform.
- Triage and respond to external inquiries around security vulnerabilities.
- Facilitate internal training on various security topics to raise awareness and interest.
- Strong proficiency in at least one programming language like Python, Go, C++, Java, Ruby, and shell scripting languages.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with developers in building a software assurance model.
- Demonstrate the ability to manually exploit security flaws on web applications and APIs.
- Hands-on experience deploying open source security tools to monitor the cloud infrastructure.
- Experience designing secure web services, RESTful APIs, and microservice architectures.
- Strong understanding of containerization technology such as Docker and Kubernetes, and the ability to deploy hardened configurations using orchestration tools.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
For Sofia/UK roles: All job applications will be treated and processed with strict confidentiality and in full compliance with the GDPR provisions. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.