Application Support Engineer at AlphaSights
Application Support Engineer
AlphaSights is the global leader in knowledge on-demand. We connect investment and business leaders with a dynamic network of industry professionals whose informed perspectives help our clients make superior investment and business decisions. With 1200+ employees and nine offices across the US, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more at alphasights.com
The Application Support Engineer role:
AlphaSights is looking for a proactive and driven Application Support Engineer to join the Technical Operations (IT) Team. We are a digital business in which continuous uptime and smooth IT experience is central to our success. The role of the Application Support Engineer therefore represents a visible and valued opportunity for the right candidate to have an immediate impact. Working alongside our Software Engineering team and Product Managers, you will focus on supporting the user experience that is driven by the development of new and innovative products, as well as enhancing existing products and technologies.
From day one, you will be given areas of responsibility and be expected to manage your own time. You will need to maintain a positive, problem-solving mindset, and be attracted by the challenge of delivering high quality support in a fast-paced environment. You are proactive, creative, and enjoy interacting with other people. You are always to be looking for ways to improve your own work while at the same time being committed to helping the wider team succeed. You are excited to make the most of on-the-job and classroom-based learning, and the opportunity to dive into the field of IT through exposure to a wide array of different technologies, regions, and challenges.
Based in New York, you will provide online and in-person support to the office. At the same time, you will be joining a global team, contributing to remote support of our global offices in the US, EMEA and Asia.
What you’ll be doing:
- Troubleshoot and debug application/software issues raised by end users of in-house built, proprietary software.
- Liaise with Engineering team to establish support workflows, monitor support queue for escalated issues, and optimize support platforms for data sharing between Tech Ops and Engineering.
- Verify and document bugs for tracking and escalation
- Proactively test for potential technical issues that users may face
- Maintain and contribute to an existing Knowledge Bank used by internal tech team
- Aggregate and provide key customer insights and serve as a liaison between users and Software Engineering/Product Development team
- Work closely with Software Engineering on special projects as assigned
- Collaborate with the Product team on iteration planning, releases, feature requests and prioritization
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 1+ years of relevant experience in similar roles
- Have evident problem solving skills; strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in product documentation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Focus on excellent time management, decision-making and organizational skills
- Attained Bachelor's degree, demonstrating strong academic credentials in relevant fields
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and developing environment