Hinge is looking for a full-time, entry-level software engineer to join the Backend team on our user safety squad. As the newest member of the backend team, we're looking for someone to help us design and build the next generation of high-performance APIs and backend services in Go (the fastest growing language on Github). As a Backend Engineer, you’ll be an integral member of our engineering team and will take ownership of feature development while learning about scalability concerns and operating in a production environment.
- Complete small-to-medium features with guidance from senior engineers
- Participate in code review and technical design
- Help improve our systems and bring new ideas to the table
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and product peers
- Create and maintain feedback cycles with your peers and manager
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support
- You understand the basics of API development and can design and build backend CRUD apps
- You have built frontend apps with React, Vue, or similar technologies
- You have used git or another version control system
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description