Associate Frontend Engineer, Marketplace at LeafLink
New York, NYAbout LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over thousands of retailers and thousands of brands, 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020' joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!What We’re Looking For
LeafLink is seeking an Associate Frontend Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to become a high performer by learning within an environment of thoughtful and collaborative team members.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Leverage the latest version of our API to refactor various frontend functionality into modern single page Vue.js apps
- Work with our UX team to build consistent, responsive, and highly reusable widgets as components throughout our applications.
- Optimize the performance of our page loads using best practices where possible
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Ensure we are cross-browser compatible for all major modern browsers
- Be uncompromising in your path to delivery of beautiful UI / UX experiences
- Be able to identify issues and work in a collaborative way to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve effectively
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 1+ years working in rich, complex, and ever-evolving front-end user experiences
- Willingness and motivation to learn and grow through the mentorship of more senior team members
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience and understanding of CSS, including preprocessors
- Experience working in agile environments
- Experience working with highly responsive web applications
- Experience working with Vue.js directly a plus
- Familiarity with the concept of state-management libraries (Redux, Vuex, Mobx, etc)
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and/or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.