Associate Platform Software Engineer
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome.
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
You are a Software Engineer that is passionate about technology that solves problems. You will work on an agile team of 3-5 developers supported by Architects and Product Managers to build the Architecture that will enable Outcome Health’s continued business growth as our products become ubiquitous within clinicians’ offices.
People that succeed in this role have a passion for understanding technologies and how to apply them to resolving business problems. They are excited by the prospect of building a platform that supports millions of connected devices and are motivated by Outcome Health’s mission to activate the best health outcome for every patient in the world.. They should want to build things that matter.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, implement and maintain software associated with the functional domain of the platform that you are assigned.
- Deliver feature improvements including performance and scalability improvements.
- Write, debug, and deploy code to production; deliver timely fixes. Deliver quality code that adheres to the Definition of Done (DoD).
- Produce well-defined specifications and documentation.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, maintained 3.5 or greater GPA
- Understanding of OO design principles and their application to Software Development
- Experience of Linux
- Experience working with both SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience of working within AWS environments
- 1+ years of commercial software development experience
- 1+ years of programming in Ruby
- Interest in learning Java
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Analytical mind with a strong background and familiarity with OO technologies and programming
- Great communication skills and enjoy working on a team
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task in dynamic environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you are constantly looking to improve and push your boundaries
- Quick learner – you enjoy working with emerging technology and are always on the lookout for what’s next
Outcome Health provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.