Associate, Software Engineer at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Our team is looking for Junior Engineers with a passion for learning and contributing to the reliable, scalable, and performant software that powers the Stash experience.
We have multiple roles available on different teams, including Android Engineer, Backend Engineer, Full Stack Engineer, iOS Engineer, and Web Engineer. The Junior Engineer role will report to the Engineering Manager of the team.
At Stash we use a variety of different languages, frameworks, tools, and vendors to accomplish our goals. We use the right tool for the job when it comes to reaching for tech that will solve whatever challenge we're facing. Stronger versus more relaxed type system and type checking, functional versus procedural programming, etc. We make deliberate decisions that we feel will help our platform grow and mature and support more and more customers.
We hire the best engineers regardless of programming language or background. We have invested (and continue to invest in) our onboarding process so even if you join with no Scala experience, you’ll have the time and space to learn. We consider Stash a learning organization and work hard to allow Engineers the time and the space to learn and grow. We encourage tech experimentation and continuous improvement.
We’ve had tremendous growth in the past few years and have an exciting product roadmap ahead of us.
If you’re interested in solving complex problems associated with scaling a popular consumer facing application and working in an open, diverse, and inclusive environment, Stash might be the fit for you!
What you’ll do:
- Work in a multi-functional agile team to produce working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
What we’re looking for:
- Interest in building consumer-facing software
- A passionate engineer willing and able to learn new languages
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Familiarity with or interest in technologies we use
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**