Associate UI Developer at Rightpoint
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity-always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we're searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
Rightpoint is seeking an Entry-Level Developer to help build applications for Rightpoint's clients. Rightpoint provides an excellent opportunity for candidate looking to start their careers working with and learning from top-notch, talented consults building solutions for our many clients including Six Flags, Johnson Controls, Boston Beer Company, United Airlines, Chamberlain, Aon, New Belgium Brewing, B&H Photo, RunKeeper, Rue La La, and Care.com.
This role is focused on the HTML/CSS and design aspects of software development. The ideal candidate would move past HTML/CSS and into application development using Angular or React within a year of joining. This person will work with a team of experienced project/product managers, experience designers, and fellow developers to build enterprise-grade solutions. We take pride in mentoring and encourage those who have a strong passion for learning and a foundation in one or more of the areas below to apply!
What You'll Be Doing and The Impact You'll Make
- Using your creative design instincts to propose designs implemented in HTML and CSS
- Honing your CSS skills to the expert level
- Creating quality source code and contributing to shared source code repositories
- Receiving mentorship through code reviews, pair programming, and internal tech talks
- Interacting with designers and project/product managers to engineer applications
Web Development Skills:
- Proficient using browser developer tools to troubleshoot display issues. In some instances, the markup/code cannot be modified, so experience styling and problem solving with browser dev tools is necessary
- Experience with the SCSS, Bootstrap, and other CSS Frameworks
- Ability to translate detailed designs and user experience descriptions into front-end styling that's responsive, mobile, and cross-browser compatible
- Ensure that the integrity of designs, branding elements, and user experience standards are maintained throughout development
- Document best practices for maintaining front-end code
Nice to Have:
- Experience with creative/design programs
- Creative vision to style/brand very basic, plain global components
- SEO experience
Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Flexible PTO
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great insurance coverage and flexible spending accounts (Multiple Options!!)
- 401k with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Cultural and Diversity Spotlights, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, etc.
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.