Associate Value Engineer at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
The rapidly growing Enterprise Division is a cross functional team of Sales, Account Management and Business Development. With a focus on Fortune 50-500 brands across the United States and global chain businesses internationally, we work with brands across Automotive, Financial Services, Hospitality, Insurance, Retail and more. You can learn more about our clients and their stories here.
As an Associate Value Engineer, you are responsible for supporting the growth of our client base with a focus on educating Enterprise clients and prospects across North America on the value of the Yext solution. The Associate Value Engineer is responsible for operationalizing the analytical value frameworks, working alongside Sales and Sales Engineering to conduct discovery and apply models to new opportunities. This involves performing the necessary analysis to clearly define the business objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) of the proposed solution, as well as creating the supporting business case with Yext performance collateral.
- Collaborate with Insights team to develop and roll out the strategy and data-driven narrative for Yext’s Business Value frameworks/toolkit.
- Identify customers’ strategic needs and frame value proposition in terms of customers’ internal and external business drivers.
- Partner with the Enterprise Field Sales team during the sales process to assist in conducting “Strategic Value Assessments” including client interviews and strategy discussions.
- Support opportunity-based data needs, such as custom case studies and vertical benchmarks.
- Evaluate the success of various value frameworks in deal cycles and assist in making strategic changes to the go-to-market strategy for value frameworks.
- Assist in developing new self-serve resources for internal Sales Engineering team and Revenue organization at large.
- Create lasting, mutually beneficial relationships across enterprise accounts and strategic partners.
- Provide success metrics for technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., business analytics, statistics, applied mathematics, economics, or operations research.
- 3+ years of work experience working in a data-centric and client-facing role preferably with relevant digital marketing expertise and/or a background in value engineering.
- Experience in analytic/database management software and tool development using SQL, Python, or other analytical languages/softwares (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx, etc…) preferred.
- Exceptional multi-tasking, project management, and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/product experiences and an understanding of how they connect brands and consumers.
- Sales and/or pre-sales experience with SaaS/Cloud products; experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO and SEM is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; must be dynamic in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level.
- Must work well in a team selling environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.