Latch is seeking an Automation Engineer to join our security team. Latch is built on trust - we take security and privacy very seriously, and work hard to continually improve the overall security of our platform.
You will be a key part of the growing the Latch security team that is responsible for ensuring the overall security and privacy of the Latch system, including our backend services, mobile applications, and hardware devices. In this role, you will be an important part of that mission by building bespoke automation solutions on top of industry standard platforms.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work with a broad range of internal stakeholders to identify needs to specific automation solutions, including such items as:
- Deploy tools and processes to identify security vulnerabilities (and ensure that they are closed!), and ensure security best practices are being followed
- Build a vendor risk management platform, so that prospective partners can be reviewed for risk, and tracked appropriately over time
- Utilize threat modeling techniques to understand security and privacy risks for new Latch applications and features
- Help software engineers implement secure applications and features
- Investigate suspected security incidents with internal teams
- Expand monitoring and detection techniques
- As necessary, work with other stakeholders to review our portfolio of tools, and determine where changes need to be made
- Design and build automation solutions on top of our portfolio of tools
- Good understanding of cloud, web, and mobile application security
- Solid familiarity with commonly used platforms such as Jira, Confluence, Wrike, Google Docs, Zen GRC, ZenDesk and others
- At least 3 years in either automation development, or information security
- BS in Computer Science or related field
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast well over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station and Hudson Yards in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off and a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.