At Third Summit, our goal is to build products that literally do not exist yet. We’re creating widespread, complex, all-encompassing ecosystems for creative professionals—and once they see the finished product, they get it. It clicks. We’re building tools that iron out clunky workflows, that help them get paid faster and organize assets intelligently, so creatives can focus less on administration and more on the work they love.
Our flagship platform is Alteon, a SaaS platform that, in 2021, will combine cloud-based collaborative and storage tools with a payment processor and virtual talent marketplace. We’re like Dropbox, Paypal and UpWork all rolled into one—but tailored for production professionals.
We’re currently building out our internal engineering team to help make our vision a reality. You’ll be joining a tight, enthusiastic and quickly growing team. The ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced, agile, deadline-driven environment and can collaborate professionally and quickly with colleagues to meet goals. Innovation and creativity are paramount—we’re problem-solvers, collaborative thinkers and always open to new ideas.
On top of a casual work environment, we offer health benefits, flexible time off and the opportunity to earn equity in the company. While occasionally working from home is possible, we prefer the candidate work primarily from our office in Manhattan. We're looking for team members who want to contribute to our company culture and participate in our regular team building activities.
We’re looking for a talented back-end developer to join our team.
- Expert knowledge in building highly scalable distributed microservices
- Mandatory technologies: Java, Python, OOP concepts
- Hands-on coding experience, ideally in Python and Java
- Minimum 3 years experience deploying and running cloud-based solutions with microservices architecture
- Knowledge and experience with distributed systems, their development, operations and observability
- Experience with streaming data pipelines using tools such as Kafka, Spark, Storm or Flink
- Expertise with core computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented programming, algorithms data structures and design patterns
- Experience with the Vert.x framework
- Hands-on experience in one or more industry-leading database platforms, both relational and non-relational systems, preferably MySQL, Postgres, Redis, etc. (key/value stores, distributed database solutions)
- Experience with version control (preferably GIT), continuous integration, deployment and configuration
- Ability to trace data through varying systems and debug where issues occur
- Self-motivating and ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing, maintenance and support)
- Influence and drive software engineering and architecture best practices and standards within the team
- You care deeply about craftsmanship in your software, and can work backwards from the customer experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development
- Ability to dive deep into any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture
- You’re a self-learner, independent and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of modern data solutions and architectures
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.