Third Summit was developed to serve media freelancers and agencies, offering solutions for staffing, data management, and orchestration, and factoring. It’s our vision to build a community of professionals across the digital media and advertising industry, connecting talent in an unprecedented, future-looking way. Our growing suite of products—including a freelance community for video professionals, cloud-storage platform and payment portal—eliminates many of the barriers to entry and pain points for budding freelancers and veterans alike.
We’re looking to build out our internal engineering team to help execute on Third Summit’s vision. You’ll be joining a small, but enthusiastically growing team that is trying to revolutionize the production freelance market and workflow. The ideal candidate works well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and deals professionally with the entire business to meet goals.
In addition to a casual startup work environment, we offer health benefits, flexible time off and the opportunity to earn equity in the company.
-Collaborate with the product and engineering team to design, implement and launch new features and products.
-Work within established procedures and tools to commit and review code.
-Ask relevant questions to clarify the business requirements.
-Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions.
-Implement and maintain application software while following best-practice application security throughout the code life cycle.
-Constantly be learning and developing your personal skills.
-Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes and trends in the software field.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Expert in Python with knowledge of Django web framework
- Familiarity with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems
- Familiarity with event-driven programming
- Knowledge of the differences between delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Familiarity with Restful API's
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficient with versioning tool, Git
-Understanding of DevOps and cloud-based infrastructure deployments
-A good understanding of software architecture patterns and practices
-Experience with AWS and the variety of services, including EC2, S3, RDS and others
-Knowledge of the production and/or media industries
-Demonstrates a growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applies the gained knowledge to address business problems
-Cultural awareness, resilience and a sense of humor are important for this role
-Excited to integrate with the external community (e.g. run meetups, attend networking events)