Back End Engineer (Golang) – AdTech
Dailymotion is the leading video discovery destination, attracting over 300 million unique visitors a month, with technology that learns about user tastes over time, constantly surfacing the best, most relevant content on the web. Our mission is to provide the best video user experience for consumers on the market, connecting publishers and advertisers to engaged viewers who turn to Dailymotion for their daily fix of the most compelling music, entertainment, news and sports content around.
Through partnerships with the world's leading publishers and content creators, including CBS, CNN, Fox Sports, GQ, Mashable, Universal Music Group, VICE and more, Dailymotion commands 4 billion monthly pageviews across its mobile app, desktop and connected TV experiences. Dailymotion is owned by Vivendi, one of the largest mass-media corporations in the world.
As part of its growing activities, Dailymotion is looking to enhance its programmatic and monetization services through its purpose-built Ad-Exchange stack delivering new monetization solutions internally and externally, while providing innovative marketing solutions for advertisers.
We are looking for a Golang Back-End Engineer to join a highly experienced team.
- Designing and implementing new features across Console (Golang), Exchange (C++14), and UI (React)
Translating product requirements into clean and scalable design
Writing robust, efficient, and maintainable code and tests
Reviewing other developers’ code changes
Following the “you build it - you run it” mindset (including production deployment)
Troubleshooting production issues
Working closely with other teams, product owners, and stakeholders
Working with data scientists to implement optimizations that increase campaign effectiveness
Improving our development and QA toolset
Applying and promoting good software engineering practices
- 3+ years in backend and server-side development
Practical experience working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Basic algorithms and data structures: searching and sorting, hash tables, big O notation
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects
- Experience with multi-threading, asynchronous processing, and distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of SQL and RDBMS databases (we use Postgres and BigQuery as data stores)
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and tracing tools (we use Datadog)
- Familiarity with Git (please provide your GitHub account)
- Familiarity with Unix-like operating systems and shell scripting
Knowledge of Golang / C++14
Docker and Kubernetes (we run on the cloud and do CI/CD on Kubernetes with Jenkins X - https://medium.com/dailymotion/from-jenkins-to-jenkins-x-604b6cde0ce3)
Actively following industry trends and maintaining strong interest in cutting edge technology
Technical Environment :
- our APIs are written in Go, our frontend in react, our auction engine in C++, our data processing pipelines in python/java, ...
- our data is stored in a relation database (postgres), and in bigquery
- we do CI/CD on Kubernetes with Jenkins X (https://medium.com/dailymotion/from-jenkins-to-jenkins-x-604b6cde0ce3)
- we run on the cloud, and we use managed services to focus on writing the code that matters instead of reinventing the wheel on infrastructure pieces...
What we offer you:
• Flexible time off, vacation, holidays, sick-leave so you can take time off when you need to
• Fitness club membership to NY Health & Racquet Club
• 100% healthcare coverage starting on day 1
• Commuter benefits
• 401k Contribution
• Paid parental leave
• Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks and drinks
If you're interested to learn more about dailymotion you can check out:
1./ Our NYC Built-in page https://www.builtinnyc.com/company/dailymotion
2./ Global Hackathon Video https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x70val9,
3./ Info & Videos at our HQ https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/dailymotion/team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.