Back-End Engineer, Live/Video at Vimeo
Vimeo's Video Platform team is responsible for the systems and services that upload, transcode, and deliver billions of plays and hundreds of petabytes of on-demand and live videos. As a member of the Video Platform team, you’ll work closely with the other team members to ensure the video (VOD & Live) infrastructure is always up and running, write APIs to interface with other systems, and work with other teams to improve the end-users experience. We own the services we write, which means following the best practices when it comes to writing code, writing tests, and ensuring the apps are properly instrumented.What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and maintain Vimeo’s video upload, transcoding and live infrastructures (from ingest to playback).
- Work with the team to build frameworks to simplify deployment and testing.
- Deliver innovative video solutions in collaboration with Video Encoding, Player and other Product Engineering teams
- Architect scalable, observable systems in collaboration with Cloud and CDN providers to deliver high quality user experience.
- Evaluate and propose new solutions to improve performance and cost.
- 4+ years of experience programming for distributed systems.
- Experience designing and implementing scalable systems in the cloud.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Write high-quality code, tests and make sure your services are monitored.
- Experience with Go.
- Experience working with video technologies (ffmpeg, HLS, Dash, etc.).
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.