Back End Engineer
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encompass healthy eating, physical activity and positive mindset. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit http://www.ww.com/us/corporate-careers
We are uniquely positioned to lead the way in the exciting Health Tech industry. With several million people logging in and using WW's Apps and systems we are modernizing and rebuilding most of our core experiences and embracing modern engineering practices and techniques. Our strategy is to compete in an increasingly digital weight loss market. Our innovative technology fundamentally improves the way people manage their weight, health and wellness. We are agile service oriented, data-driven, cloud enabled and efficient. We've built Simple UIs on Angular, micro services in Play/Scala & Node, moved our core data to Mongo and Cassandra and enhanced our mobile apps. As reliance on health and wellness awareness increases, come make an impact on a team that is leading the way
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking Node Software Engineers to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. As a developer at WW, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight lots of users.
- Strong proficiency in Java/.Net/Python and willing to learn/contribute in Node.js
- Deploy Node.js code in your first month
- Design and implement low-latency, highly available and performing applications that scale for millions of users.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to build out new features and iterate on existing features.
- Build out REST-ful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers
- Increase test coverage via unit tests and integration tests
- Help define architectures and design patterns
- Actively participate in PR reviews in GitHub
- Participate in Scrum sprint ceremonies
- Work closely with product, QA and UX teams to design the best solutions for our consumers
- NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB, CouchDB or Cassandra.
- Real world web and API development experience
- Experience with web services API integration (REST or SOAP)
- Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
- Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Strong track record of shipping products
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
Please note that all offers of employment are contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.