Backend Engineer at Spruce
ABOUT THE JOB
Spruce is a real estate tech company changing the face of the real estate transaction. As a part of the Spruce Engineering team, you will help to build a cutting edge platform that will define the future of real estate transactions. In this role, your strong skills and knowledge in modern web platforms, frameworks, and techniques will be put to the test while we lower transaction costs, create new technology based efficiencies and engineer a transparent, fast transaction process that improves access to the largest source of capital most of us will ever have - real estate.
Spruce is looking for an experienced Back End Software Engineer to join its growing Engineering team in NYC. You will be integral in building the first cloud-based closing, escrow, and title solution for the real estate industry. The ideal candidate will have an interest in real estate and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll do:
- Create efficiency. Our software is replacing reams of paper and dozens of manual processes. We maintain it through clean code, pragmatic programming, and lean engineering.
- Work closely with the product and design team to get new features out fast
- Learn and share functional programming techniques as we hone our tools and approaches
- Attack hard software problems at all levels of the stack
- Help ensure uptime, performance and user experience are delivered without compromise
- Help develop Spruce's company and engineering cultures
What we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in back end development, preferably with some startup experience
- You have worked with (micro)-services, SQL databases, streaming data processing, asynchronous jobs
- You are able to code in one or more of the following languages: Java, Scala, C# (Kotlin experience a plus)
- Serverless experience a plus (AWS Lambda Functions, Google Cloud Functions)