Galileo is building the future of healthcare - today. Using innovative mobile technology and human-centered design, we’re looking to improve the quality and affordability of medical care for all -- including those with Medicare and Medicaid.
Based in NYC, our company is founded by a successful entrepreneur (One Medical, Epocrates), led by a top-notch team, and well-funded from some of the best investors in the country. We seek curious, talented, team-oriented individuals with a diverse set of backgrounds who ultimately want to make a difference.
What You’ll Do
You will join our product engineering team to work closely with our clinical, design, and product team to build digital products that deliver personalized care. This is a rare opportunity to work with doctors, designers, and operators to redefine the way patients receive healthcare. Specifically, you will:
- Help build clinical applications and data services that empower providers to deliver care to patients at the unprecedented scale of modern telemedicine
- Create intelligence platforms that store knowledge from seasoned medical experts inside an in-house clinical “brain” and medical constellation
- Design performant, robust APIs to support mobile and desktop clients
- Make improvements to existing backend services to make them more performant, reliable, secure, testable and maintainable
- Influence technical architecture across the company and build systems that delight your colleagues
- Help build a diverse and highly capable engineering team
Who You Are
You have experience in developing backend services, troubleshooting & debugging issues. Mission-driven work excites you, greatly and you’re eager to fix healthcare through new technology. You have worked on iterative, cross-functional product engineering teams before, and enjoy finding optimal solutions that balance usability, extensibility, engineering investment, and business implications. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood. You also have the following:
- 3+ years of professional experience in developing backend services for data-driven web applications
- A strong understanding of data modelling and relational databases
- Familiarity with AWS, specially EC2, RDS, SQS, S3, Lambda
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch and/or Redis
- Willingness to jump anywhere in the full stack
How We Hire
Galileo is committed to hiring the best talent from a range of backgrounds and experiences--including but, not limited to--gender, ethnic, political, economic, religious, sexual orientation, and other personality traits. We believe in a strong culture that fosters teamwork, excellence and sound decision-making--one that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate candidates who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.