Backend Engineer at Remesh
Remesh is one of the world's leading conversation platforms for engaging and understanding large groups of people - including customers, employees, prospects, or constituents. The Remesh platform uses AI and machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment participant responses to questions and prompts, online and in real time. Through this process, our customers are able to quickly draw out actionable insights as they engage thousands of participants simultaneously.
We are a team of passionate, motivated, and intelligent people, with a touch of quirk (i.e., we are fun!). We are all united by a mission to build a platform that can help people truly understand each other - across political, geographical, and cultural divides - to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
As of March 2018, Remesh has secured $10 million in Series A funding. We are excited to be disrupting the $70+ billion insights industry. We know what we're building is special, and we're looking for energetic people to help us create something extraordinary.
We seek a highly-skilled backend engineer to join our team and help develop our real-time machine learning platform.
As a Remesh engineer, you will collaborate with our product team and your fellow engineers to maintain, refactor and develop features for our conversation and analysis platform and its associated systems. Our customers use our product to conduct research and inform key business decisions, so your work will have immediate impact.
Successful candidates will possess solid knowledge of Python, software engineering best practices, Linux, and open-source software. The ideal candidate will also have experience with cloud architecture and design. Good communication skills and empathy are highly desired, as the role requires collaboration with other engineers and our product team. The ideal candidate will possess high-initiative, creativity, and superior problem-solving skills.
At Remesh, we are a start-up with a touch of the academic. We rely on Lean development principles to ship code fast with high quality. Our product development process is experimental and based on the scientific method. We believe that code is craft, and we are seeking engineers that balance quality and speed, know when to refactor, and can identify the right problems to solve. We believe in ownership and providing opportunities to advance as the team grows. For the ideal candidate, the above should appeal strongly, as will the opportunity to work with the most recent technologies.
- 2-5 years minimum of professional experience in a Backend role
- 2-5 years minimum of professional experience writing Python application code
- 1 year minimum developing on one of the following cloud platforms: Google Cloud, AWS, Azure
- Strong backend engineering background
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Django experience is desirable
- Machine learning experience is desirable
- React/Redux/Typescript experience is a plus
The Benefits of Working with Remesh
- Medical Dental Vision Coverage
- 401K plan
- Flexible work arrangements pending supervisor approval
- An enviable snack pantry
- An energetic team that celebrates, often
- Stipend for ongoing learning
- An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District