Electric is a Series B startup backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Bowery Capital, GGV Capital, Primary Venture Partners and led by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, operators, and technologists. With software forming the foundation of every office, Electric is the world’s first all-in-one, modern IT support solution that can truly meet the needs of growing businesses. Through a chat interface, personalized service, and flat-rate pricing we keep our client’s email, computers, Wi-Fi and software running smoothly at a fraction of the cost and headaches normally experienced with traditional managed service providers.
Our company is a fun, fast-paced environment with enormous opportunities for career advancement.
What You'll Do
- Brainstorm, design and build high quality software for our customer base by writing easily understandable, idiomatic, high performing code
- Become a subject matter expert in your area of technical focus, while contributing code and providing well-reasoned feedback in areas outside your primary domain
- Participate in technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team
- Review peers' code, and provide constructive feedback that keeps the bar high on code quality and standards.
- Partner closely with product managers to understand customer concerns and how your contributions affect our business
- Follow an agile and growth mindset to embrace challenges, ensure clear communication channels and continuous improvement of yourself and your teammates
- Collaborate with fun-loving and hard-working teammates who are equally at home wrangling complex technical challenges as they are at a game of pool or ping pong.
Our Tech Stack
- Postgres and DynamoDB as primary data stores
- AWS Redshift as our data warehouse
- Python based serverless functions hosted on AWS Lambda
- GraphQL for querying APIs and serving relevant data
- React for front end applications
- Storybook as a rapid development tool for component library / design system
What You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 4+ years of software development experience and the ability to learn quickly
- Experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- A methodical and analytical mindset with a strong work ethic
- Ego-less nature, excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the software you build
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Experience with agile processes and passion for automated testing
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
Your Onboarding Plan
By Day 15:
- Learn about Electric and engineering culture
- Develop an understanding of existing product architecture and your team’s current roadmap and milestones
- Pick up one (or more!) user stories and own them from development to production
By Day 30:
- Provide timely and constructive code reviews and feedback for your teammates
- Make substantial improvements to an existing feature with measurable user impact
By Day 90:
- Collaborate with your team on technical vision, prioritization, grooming and estimation of its next quarterly milestones
- Contribute ideas for improving team velocity and overall product architecture