Backend Engineer at Collibra
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
To support our current and future growth, we are looking for a top-notch engineer that wants to continuously improve our products while working closely with our entire back-end team. We are an engineer-driven company where your talent is truly appreciated and maximized.A day in the life of a Backend Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be building exciting new features for the Collibra products, together with your team members (fellow developers, QA engineers, a UX expert and a product manager).
This means that you’ll share responsibility from beginning to end to deliver great quality software:
- Formulate and suggest new ideas and features to the team to further improve our products
- Discuss technical solutions with your colleagues and the architecture team where necessary.
- Track progress while keeping a fully working product at all times.
- Together with the other developers in your team, you’ll implement the new functionalities with a passion for quality. You’ll then review the code changes from your peers before they go into the main line in Git.
- Interact closely with the QA engineers to make sure you write the necessary tests and they can give you feedback early in the process.
- Report on your progress by updating the status of the Jira issues.
- Demo fully finished parts to your team, and demo your work to the entire development and product teams (and in extent, the entire company) every month.
- Celebrate your successes!
- Achieve many great things of which to be proud, and fall asleep happily after a great working day.
- 5+ years of experience in building scalable software applications as a backend engineer using Java, or 3+ years of experience and a Master’s degree in a related field
- You bring a solid knowledge of relational databases (preferably PostgresQL)
- You’ve perfected your use of build-and-test tools like Jenkins, Gradle, Junit, Mockito
- You have experience working with Hibernate, Spring, IntelliJ IDEA IDE
- You are comfortable working fully in English - we're a global team, and it's the language we share!
- Knowledge of Cluster Management Frameworks (e.g., Spark), Kafka, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes and database model optimization are a huge plus!
- You put quality first and have a passion for good design and clean code
- You are Agile-minded and have a positive mindset
- You are disciplined, flexible and willing to learn and improve
- You love challenges and problem solving and have no fear for the unknown
- You’re passionate about creating and finishing new things
- Competitive compensation, and private company equity
- Inclusive benefits package allowing enrollment of dependents and partners
- A flexible culture that understands the importance of quality of work over quantity
- An opportunity to work with a diverse, global community of 600+ Collibrians across 18 countries, united by our value of open, direct, and kind
- A culture of company-wide collaboration and shared success.
- Company supported and employee driven resource groups that promote diversity, career development and empowerment
- Learning and development programs to advance your career and personal growth
- Corporate social responsibility initiatives with global reach
- Regular recognition, feedback, and open communication across all levels
- Team building, bonding, mentorship and support to grow confidence, trust and friendships
- Fully stocked kitchens, biweekly catered lunches, and regular social events for when we get back to the office. Until then, we’re finding new ways to stay connected and engaged.
*At Collibra, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.*