Backend Platform Engineer, Mobile at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric developer to join our team. As a backend developer on our mobile team, you will be responsible for the design, development, test, and deployment of the services that power our mobile applications. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services and software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, and flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
If you are a developer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, have worked on scalable applications and apps, and have the desire to help drive CLEAR’s next generation products, this is a great opportunity for you!
What You Will Do:
- Design and build backend services that power our native mobile applications on iOS and Android to leverage CLEAR’s platform and capabilities
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Develop reference scripts and demo apps against our REST API
- Understand various systems in our platform and how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to determine different use cases for the CLEAR API on the mobile platform
Who You Are:
- You have at least 3 years of experience building backend services using Java or other relevant technologies
- Experience developing and publishing APIs
- Experience working Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services and infrastructure using SignalFX, Splunk or similar tools
- You have open-source framework contributions, extensive coding tutorial, or example projects on GitHub
- You have experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- You have the ability and willingness to work with any language building both simple back-end applications.
- Passionate about end user apps on all platforms
- Bonus points
- Experience with iOS, Swift, Android, and Kotlin