Backend QA Engineer at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Quality Assurance
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. They are effective communicators in code who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the QA team consistently ensures that we clear a high bar of excellence.
The Role: Backend QA Engineer
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. They are effective communicators in code who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the QA team consistently ensures that we clear a high bar of excellence
As a Quality Assurance engineer at Gemini, you'll work together with a team of engineers, using your programming skills to design and develop detailed and robust test automation. You'll engage in functional and performance testing with an agile methodology in mind, and in proactive strategy and investigation to test the integrity of our products and product features. The ideal candidate loves to code and immerse themselves in solving challenging problems.
Looking for individuals with experience in the following areas:
- REST API - ability to test programmatic interfaces , parse JSON and evaluate REST interfaces.
- Websockets - implementing and testing websockets API through programming languages.
- FIX - ability to test Finance Information eXchange protocol in the context of cryptocurrencies with a variety of programming languages ( Java, Scala, Python).
Engineering Teams you will partner with:
- Institutional strategies - Creates products and services for institutional investors.
- Matching Engine - Supports eight order types via active trader and API .
- Business Development - Dealing with customers relationships with business and institutions.
- Test new products, product features, and bug fixes in the functional areas of a financial exchange through APIs of various flavors.
- Write automated and manual tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features as well as overall system behavior (i.e., regression testing).
- Execute various phases of functional and nonfunctional testing to certify the quality of new software releases.
- Provide input as required to the planning, requirements definition, and design process for new products and product features, with an eye toward testability.
- Review other test engineers’ code and test plans for completeness, correctness, style, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or alternative related field (or commensurate work experience)
- 3+ years of experience with functional and performance testing in large-scale, complex, full-stack systems
- 2+ years experience working with automation tools/frameworks (e.g., Selenium, TestNG, RestAssured, RSpec, etc.)
- A demonstrated history of strong proficiency with programming in an enterprise-scale language (Python preferred)
- Experience with Python and/or Scala as a programming language
- Experience working with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Experience with PyTest framework
- Experience with FIX API
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.