Hey! We're Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- You'll gain expertise in your domain and build highly scalable & reliable additions to our platform
- You'll be accountable for delivery, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring the performance of your applications and the platform as a whole
- You'll evaluate tools, technologies, frameworks, and vendors for the platform along with other senior team members
- You'll write performant and concise code to meet the defined standards here at GrubHub, review the code of peers, and ensure security and scalability of the features you work on
- You'll help to create the backlog of tech debt and features, suggesting areas for improvement and enhancement
- You'll actively work with other team members in the domain and be a team player
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in a science, programming or engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented languages
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software with emphasis on future evolution
- Experience with complex systems composed of multiple components spread across the network
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (junit/testing, mockito + jmeter/ gatling.io)
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Experience developing highly-available distributed systems (4x9's uptime etc.)
- Building observability as part of the application
- Experience modeling system resource requirements as system load changes
- Interest in working for a fast paced, product oriented tech company
- Distributed database experience with Cassandra or similar NoSQL database experience preferred
- Docker, or similar containerized solutions
- CI / CD tools experience like Gradle, Jenkins, or similar technologies
- Experience leading as an individual contributor, i.e. time prioritization, self-management, and working within and across teams to drive results
- Dedication to improving the customer experience and designing systems to avoid poor customer experience during outages and guarantee the availability of services
- Passion for challenging the status quo, understanding new things, and solving problems in creative and unconventional ways
- A sense of accountability for developed software and ownership of upstream and downstream dependencies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]