About Eden Health
Eden Health is a nationally recognized medical practice on a mission to create a world where every person has a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider. Working with employers across the country, Eden Health offers employees 24/7 digital care, same-day in-person primary care, mental health services, physical therapy, and benefits navigation. The Eden Health team is driven by a patient-centric approach, delivering relationship-based collaborative care. With this model, our clients have healthier workforces, increased productivity, and reduced healthcare costs. We are committed to diversity, equity, and integrity, and our teams reflect this. Our hope at Eden Health is to create an environment where each person can do the best and most important work in their careers.
What you will be doing
We are looking for curious, pragmatic and capable Backend engineers who want to see their work drive better outcomes for Patients and Clinicians. You will join our Product Engineering team and work on important projects in areas like Patient Engagement, Relationship Management and Care Plans. Our product engineers work closely with our product management, design and clinical teams to identify problems and build effective solutions.
You will join in on ownership of the Backend engineering discipline: working to build not only our APIs, but our culture and processes. Every engineer on the product engineering team has opportunities to span the stack: you will be able to sharpen your backend skills through close collaboration on mobile and frontend engineering challenges. Technical problem solving appeals to you, but you will also create space for your colleagues to demonstrate the same. We all learn and grow to achieve goals that can never fit in a job description.
What success looks like
- Join the Product Engineering team as a Backend engineer to build and improve our APIs and backend systems. You will have plenty of opportunity to work Fullstack in our React & Typescript Frontends.
- Help the team refine and maintain engineering processes that let us develop quickly while keeping a high threshold for quality — including writing tests and technical documentation.
- Routinely ship high quality software that helps simplify healthcare for our patients and clinicians.
- Engage in the entire life cycle of product engineering, including (but not limited to) sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation, and deploying software.
- Build an understanding of our business, and our unique approach to health care so that your technical decisions impact the course of the company.
What you will bring
- You have experience with more than one Backend language or framework, and you have shipped software into production. We build our Backends with Clojure and Python.
- You are capable of spanning the entire stack when necessary. We build our Frontends with React or React Native on Typescript.
- You set a high bar for technical excellence, and you want to help your peers achieve it.
- You are able to anticipate technical risks, and can help mitigate them.
- You have several approaches to debugging, maintaining, and improving backend systems.
- You will advocate for advancing quality, durability, and managing technical debt.
- You will place compliance, security and ethics at the forefront of our systems, ensuring that our patients and customers can trust Eden Health.
Why Eden Health?
- Remote first company and culture
- Series C Healthtech startup with a mission-driven team that's passionate about helping every person have a relationship with a trusted healthcare provider
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and commuter benefits
- Dedicated Culture Committee led by CEO
- Learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- Strong and quickly growing client base of America’s leading employers
About our Tech
- React 16.13, + Typescript 4.0
- React Native 0.63 + Typescript 4.0
- Python 3.7
- Clojure 1.10
- Postgres 12
Eden Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note: Eden Health interview requests and job offers only originate from
edenhealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Eden Health will never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Eden Health, please notify us at: [email protected]