Backend Software Engineer at Clear Street
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will work closely with our engineering team, using a wide range of technologies to build services, API interfaces, and custom tools that enable our platform to scale. You’ll program mostly in Golang and learn from a team committed to your growth. We constantly explore new frameworks and languages and push each other to find optimal solutions to our problems. You’ll learn dive deep into our cloud infrastructure and to embrace our DevOps driven culture.
Backend Engineer Characteristics:
- You built a solid foundation in Computer Science and Distributed Computing.
- You have experience implementing and maintaining backend services, API interfaces, and tools. Here, you’ll mostly be learning and using Golang (GO).
- You’re learning how architecture, design, and tooling decisions aggregate to build technical debt over time and a team that accelerates your understanding of these tradeoffs.
- You enjoy learning, exploring new languages, and tools. You invest in yourself.
- You've deployed services on Amazon AWS, Google GCP, or Azure.
- You possess a drive to improve processes, learn from past experiences, and innovate.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks