Backend Software Engineer
Appfigures is a sales and marketing analytics platform for mobile developers. We take the guesswork out of running the business around your apps and we're looking for talented backend developers to help us. You’ll be building new features and improving existing ones used daily by thousands of mobile app developers all around the world. Like every member of the Appfigures team, you'll also be involved in making decisions about product development and user experience.
You & Us:
- You have mastered a programming language of your choice. You are likely sick and tired of writing Fizz Buzz. We mainly use C# and Python, but it’s okay if you don’t know them. We think that being a capable developer in one language implies you’d be able to get comfortable with most languages or environments. We are always open to trying new things to figure out what the best tool for the job is and hope you are too.
- You have a disciplined approach to development, testing, and quality assurance.We know perfection isn’t possible, but we think about the trade-offs inherent in our designs and guard against them up front. Folks rely on our data to run their businesses, so it’s important that we get it right.
- You recognize that sometimes you need to throw away the prototype(and sometimes you need to ship it).We think it’s OK to experiment and we understand that sometimes you don’t know if something will work until you try it. And sometimes that thing you tried just didn’t work.
- You can write clean, fast, and efficient code while keeping in mind the bigger context of what we are doing and why. We wouldn’t do this if it weren’t fun, but we know that at the end of the day the software we build is to simplify the lives of our customers.
- You’re looking forward to getting to know our users. We rotate escalated support duties across the team. It’s an opportunity for everyone to see how our users interact with the platform, what they need next, and what could be improved.
- You’re willing to try new things in a collaborative environment. We’re a small team so responsibilities are flexible. We are a place where initiative beyond the job description is rewarded. We want you to feel empowered to commit or critique in any part of our codebase or company. We want you to feel empowered to take features from an idea all the way to our users. We think every team member’s perspective and opinion is important, and taken together will help make the best product we can.
- A BS / MS in Computer Science or related field-- a degree means less to us than proven ability.
- Contributions to open source projects, blogs, books, and StackOverflow or work experience.
- Experience with the web, the software and hardware behind it, scraping, and performance analysis.
What You Might Be Working On
- Integrating a new datasource or API integration to ingest new datasets mobile app developers need to run their businesses.
- Scaling a critical scraping service.
- Diagnosing and fixing performance issues in our API.
- Working with sales, marketing, and others on the product and engineering teams to envision and create new products and features for our users.
- Helping the data science team turn ML models into production-grade products.
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pre-tax transit benefits, subsidized gym memberships and excellent discounts on hundreds of other well-known services and products
- Plenty of paid time-off and flexible remote work policy
- Awesome work station with whatever you need to be happy and productive
- A fully stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and drinks
- Monthly personal project days
- Weekly catered lunches
- Events for employees and members