PD is looking for highly skilled software engineers to help deliver tech-forward tools to building owners, managers, and tenants. These engineers will be working on a team that oversees all software integrations with buildings, sensors, and 3rd party clouds, providing the foundation on top of which all PD products are built.
We expect our engineers to have a passion for good engineering practices, beautiful code, and getting things done. Just as importantly, we are looking for people who share our vision of reducing the environmental impact of the built space on a global scale.
- Write code as a key contributor to an array of backend systems.
- Research and design potential integrations.
- Assist in the building of internal tools to support PD’s growth and operation at scale.
- Participate in discussions and planning with other engineering functionalities.
- Work with Product/Customer Success to understand requirements, formulate use cases, and translate findings into effective technical solutions.
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices and new technologies.
- Provide support to team members and participate in an ongoing knowledge exchange so that everyone learns from each other.
- Take lead on new features/initiatives as needed.
- Diagnose technical problems and resolve quickly and cleanly.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience with Node.js.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies - AWS/Azure.
- Python knowledge is a plus.
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Excels independently and in a team environment.
- Solid software design knowledge – you should know how to create extensible, reusable software that meets desired architectural objectives.
- Willing to learn and incorporate new technologies.
- Focus on efficiency, clean code, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Tenacity when pursuing bugs or issues.
Education & Experience
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree in computer programming/science or a related engineering/scientific discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years production-level development experience.
We take care of you!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental all starting on your first day.
- 401K Plan.
- A great place to work!!