- Build robust and scalable systems, services, and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements
- Contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks, and tooling for our next generation platform.
- Collaborate with product and other teams on functionality, security, reliability and automationSupport testing processes and troubleshooting issues and resolve them.
- Maintain and expand the functionality for existing products
- Mentor junior teammates and be a part of the hiring process for growing your team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years engineering experience
- Expertise in Java and/or Python
- Experience leading a team of engineers and owning projects from beginning to end
- Expertise in architecting and implementing distributed applications and developing RESTful APIs.
- Solid relational database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc)Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with AWS and it’s cloud-based offerings
- Experience with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and deployment.
- Masters Degree
- Fintech/Startup Experience