Chief Technology Officer (CTO) - elovee at BCG Digital Ventures
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
elovee was founded based on the idea that we can improve the experience of aging through technology. With an initial focus on seniors with dementia, a population of 50 million globally and set to triple by 2050, we seek to increase the quality of life for our users by providing comforting interactions with a loved one's likeness. We combine data science, design and neuropsychology expertise to deliver comforting, empathetic voice and visual interactions with loved ones, available 24/7. Our aim is to be the world’s leading dementia care platform, comforting seniors, empowering caregivers, and bolstering loved ones relationships.
- Together with the CEO, you will shape the company’s executive team and help drive its strategy
- Build a product that includes AI, IoT, Mobile, Web, and Machine Learnings
- Define, articulate, and execute engineering strategy from launch to scale
- Lead a team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers
- Define technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Build the systems required for testing, trials, commercial launch, and beyond
- Constantly evaluate technological advancements and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement
- Implement best practice coding methodologies and tools
- Design and implement testing frameworks
- Gain and share insights with other leadership team members to continue improving the product and the business
- Take ownership over existing MVP features/MVP production systems to grow and scale
- Drive Excellence
- Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, and high quality / timely product releases
- Ensure all processes, services, and software comply with security and privacy regulations (FSA, HIPAA, GDPR) and other applicable laws
- Continuously rebalance product / service features which maximize value and minimize effort to focus on the highest-returning initiatives
- Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for quality assurance across all areas of organization and product build
- Know the latest modern technologies and selectively choose technologies to ensure our competitive advantage
- Drive Talent and Teams
- Be a strategic thought partner to the CEO, ensuring the right balance between prioritizing scaling the team and cost as well as between growing locally versus remotely
- Hire and retain a multidisciplinary, elite engineering team
- Cultivate a high-performing, engineering-empowered culture
- Evangelize technical vision and strategy both internally and externally
- 10+ years architecting and building products from pre-launch through maturity
- Released (and maintained) at least 2 products to the market
- Experience designing and building AI products
- 7+ years building consumer-facing digital product experiences
- Startup experience in key engineering leadership positions at multiple high-growth technology companies
- Ability to stand up an organization and hire engineering talent
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Additional desired competencies:
- Familiarity with Deep Learning and NLP: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Seq2Seq Models, Word Embeddings, BRNNs, Dilated Convolutions, etc.
- Technology stack that includes: iOS, Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, GoLang, Node.js, gRPC, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, Kafka, Redis, etc.
- Experience with backend/platform engineering, scaling performance engineering, security
- Cloud-native development and devops/CI/CD
- Device management including IoT, mobile, home/voice assistants
To learn more, visit us at bcgdv.com
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.