Chief Technology Officer at Orchard
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:42 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch applies machine learning, automation and easy-to-use interfaces to radically simplify the process of buying and selling a home. We have revolutionized the home buying process by bringing machine learning to bear with our intelligent matching engine to bring the right house to the right person and by using our ML based purchasing algorithm to determine a fair price for any house instantaneously.
Perch is headquartered in New York City, has 120+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised $250 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
The Role & Responsibilities
The CTO at Perch will be a critical member of the executive team, leading our software development, dev ops, data science, information security and IT functions. The CTO will be based in our New York City office and will report to the CEO, Court Cunningham.
As the CTO, you will:
- Lead a team of 16 developers and data scientists and be responsible for doubling the team over your first 12 months including building out the necessary technology leadership infrastructure to support the organization.
- Inspire, motivate and foster a culture of results balanced with customer success focus that will continue to drive our 80+ NPS and high customer referral rate.
- Own the technology processes for the company including how applications are built, supported, secured. Evolve and change the development process and tooling to keep pace with the needs of an expanding organization.
- Be a champion for Perch throughout the marketplace. Help us drive workplace and cultural norms, both at HQ in New York and throughout all field operations, that align with Perch’s company values.
- Be responsible for all our corporate (i.e. non-Perch developed) applications, IT, desktop support and dev ops, seeking excellence in each of these disciplines.
Required Experience & Skills
- 10+ years of success in technical leadership roles.
- Proven ability to hire and retain top tier technical talent.
- Experience with test driven development, service-oriented architecture, continuous delivery.
- Strong systems thinker who leads though a combination personal leadership and process discipline.
- Proven track record of success in goal achievement.
- Results oriented with a strong work ethic. Must be driven, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset.
- Strong customer focus
- Track record of sound business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and communication skills (both written and verbal). Business acumen is a critical success factor for this role.
- Intellectual curiosity and comfort making decisions when faced with uncertainty.
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”
Read Full Job Description