Cloud Engineer at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for managing critical cloud resources across all major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure). We build tools and establish best practices to secure and manage our ever growing cloud environment. We rely on Terraform and CI/CD pipelines to automate our operations.
You will be working with product and infrastructure teams across the organization to scale Datadog’s cloud infrastructure and implement operational and security best practices. You will be partnering with major cloud providers to resolve ongoing issues and help drive overall technical strategy for our cloud infrastructure.
- Write, review, and apply Terraform code
- Configure and provision new regions using tooling/cli and console interfaces for multiple cloud providers
- Work with engineering teams to determine their cloud access requirements and implement appropriate permissions.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for automated cloud management
- Participate in oncall for access and environment changes
- Hands-on engineering experience with at least one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Ability to build architectural solutions as infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps tools for CI/CD: version control (GitHub, GitLab, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with programming and scripting language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Experience with implementation of security best practices and audit/compliance programs (e.g. FedRAMP)
- 5+ years of experience in software development or related roles
- Understanding of Linux System administration and networking
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.