Tipico is expanding its operations in the US and we would like you to become a part of our success team.
We are Tipico, the biggest sports-betting operator in Germany and we have opened our first US office in Hoboken, NJ. Our goal is to amplify the emotions of millions of people experiencing sports every day. We are driven by our core values passion, progress and trust to secure the best possible product for our users.Job Description
Are you excited about high volume modern technology environments and have a passion for building and maintaining a platform for an amazing product? Do you have experience in modern architecture and technology? Is using infrastructure as a code in Terraform as your way of how to build infrastructure in different cloud technologies like Openstack and AWS? Does maintaining and supporting Kubernetes on all stages from integration to production excite you? Is monitoring and alerting important to you as a way to make sure we are always available to our customers and that they enjoy our product?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for people who want to build cutting edge products in the sports betting industry. We want innovators, we want doers!
We are looking for someone who is able to write clean code to provision and maintain our existing cloud infrastructure. You will be the first point of contact to our Operations and Dev teams for any questions and issues regarding our platform. You will be responsible to have the right monitoring tools in place and react on upcoming alerts in 24/7 oncalls. You must have a positive attitude and the ability to understand the critical urgency of topics along with extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Some of the day to day tasks will involve:
- Shaping the cloud strategy of our organization by using DevOps principles to build and operate a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) with cutting-edge technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker on Openstack and AWS on expert level.
- Improving our products by evaluating technologies, design and implementation and testing of systems and components.
- Monitoring, analysing, debugging, configuring and scaling of components and systems with ELK, Prometheus, Jenkins and many more.
- Providing counsel to our internal software engineering team.
As a Cloud Engineer, we are not looking for candidates who will necessarily tick all the boxes below. We are looking for someone who has a strong hold of an area with a keen interest to learn the rest. If this sounds like you, then you would be an eligible candidate we would like to meet. We are looking for candidates with:
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience a Software Engineer with experience in infrastructure
- Practical experience in AWS API usage (CLI, CloudFormation, Terraform, Boto3)
- Experience with Openstack
- Experience with Linux and CLI as well as knowledge of HTTP, REST and JSON
- Expertise in system integration and distributed systems including their behavior of scaling
- Experience in cloud technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, ELK, Prometheus
- Ideally you used or even built a PaaS before
The following would also be good to have:
- Experience in iGaming is considered to be an asset
- Knowledge of server-side technologies such as Application Servers (preferably JBoss)
- Experience with CI and Source control systems such as Jenkins and Git
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- Be part of the first in the new and upcoming USA online sportsbetting market
- Work in a new and young business with high potential and growth
- Build your own success story together with us
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by the group. Leading European sports betting house, this is a high-volume business and working
- Self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Medical, Optical, Dental Health Benefits