Cloud, Infrastructure & DevOps Principal Technologist
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.
As a Cloud, Infrastructure + DevOps consultant, you are responsible for ensuring that the team and client have an understanding of operational requirements, and take a shared responsibility for designing and implementing infrastructure for delivering and running software services.
Here’s what you will bring:
- Strong expertise in cloud and virtualization platforms (AWS, Azure, GCE, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, SaltStack, Terraform, etc.), and application hosting technologies (CloudFoundry, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift, etc.).
- Solid understanding of the practical application of DevOps philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code, and leading infrastructure and operations teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Experience in designing and architecting enterprise and/or web-scale hosting platforms
- Understanding of the issues businesses face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant solutions that truly transform industries
- Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
- Experience working with CTO/CIO/COO to create technical strategies
- Ideally experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
As a Lead or Principal Consultant, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Hands-on implementation work to get projects off the ground, evaluate and drive improvements to existing infrastructure, and to coach developers and infrastructure engineers
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and formulate the technical roadmap and technology solution that will support their business strategies and goals.
- Help to shape and build ThoughtWorks’ cloud and infrastructure practice, including working with business development, marketing, and capabilities development
- Ensure technical expectations of deliverables are met on projects
- Drive ThoughtWorks’ Thought-Leadership on DevOps, cloud, and infrastructure engineering
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client CIO/CTO and team
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.