Cloud Operations Engineer
We’re shaping the way companies manage data by helping customers connect the right data, insights, and algorithms for all Data Citizens. When everyone across the organization is enabled with data, true transformation can take place. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that promise. If you are interested in a career at the leading edge of technology, we look forward to hearing from you.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
As our Cloud Operations Engineer, you will facilitate running our software in our own cloud environment, so customers can make use of our software platform. You will also be responsible for automating common tasks and work towards a total self-service system for internal teams. You will also be involved in the creation of our new Cloud Native platform hosted on Kubernetes that will give Collibra Software the next push for the future.A day in the life of a Cloud Operations Engineer at Collibra:
You’ll be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Maintain and monitor the cloud-based infrastructure where our customers use our product.
- You will play an essential part in developing our new cloud native platform that will be run on top of Kubernetes.
- Architect new infrastructure solutions that Collibra needs to move forward, going for open-source solutions first
- Automate as much as possible.
- You are a crucial component in ensuring quality from a Operations point of view in the product.
- Work closely with our support team to streamline the processes and help the customer with their demands as fast as possible.
- You breath Infrastructure as Code
- You’ll also be comfortable working with the following technologies: Amazon Web Service (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP), Terraform, CentOS, SignalFX monitoring, Docker, PostgreSQL and key technologies for this role.
- You are a seasoned, experienced professional with 5+ years of experience in engineering and support, with deep expertise in cloud infrastructure.
- You are a fast and agile learner who is able to adapt quickly as our technology stack increases to meet new challenges.
- You’re passionate about cloud engineering and are always on the lookout for new things to learn and apply to your work.
- You know your way around a Linux machine.
- You recognize that the real reason why automation is needed is because people are lazy by nature.
- When things don’t work, your first response is always “have you tried turning it off and on again?” (Just kidding…or are we?).
- You have a devops mindset - you embrace the idea that we are the enablers of the company, and it is our duty to trust our people and share our knowledge to our developers and sales people.
- A friendly and rapidly growing environment where your input will be valued and your growth fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally for team meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Unlimited Vacation.
- Did we mention happy hour?
- A spacious brand new office.
- A brand new state of the art laptop
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package