Cloud Ops Administrator
Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about troubleshooting complex problems with systems, networking and storage at scale.
We are looking for a seasoned system administrator to help us keep the cloud running smoothly. Reporting to the manager of Cloud Operations, the Cloud Operations Administrator monitors and provides first-response to all cloud health issues that impact, or could potentially impact, customer experience. You will interface with teams across the organization to research and troubleshoot issues from single droplets to cloud-wide disturbances.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Ensuring maximum uptime for our 10K+ system global infrastructure
- Automating processes and building tools to improve operational efficiency
- Coordinating operational work across teams to improve the platform with minimal impact
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Solid experience with Linux operating systems and day to day upkeep
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies and troubleshooting virtual machine instances
- Basic networking concepts and technologies
- Basic storage concepts and technologies
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience scripting in one or more of the following languages: Bash, Python, or Ruby
- Experience with configuration management systems
- A passion for good documentation and open communication
- Proven ability to learn!
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health.
- We invest in your future. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!