The mission of Yieldstreet’s Cybersecurity Team is to secure our services, help developers build secure code, and help build secure environments for our employees. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers and product stakeholders to create secure features as well as prevent and remediate vulnerabilities in our technology platform. As the Cloud Security Architect, you will own the end to end security design of our Cloud Infrastructure, Applications, and IT footprint.
How To Apply:
When sending your application, tell us about yourself, your crown achievements, your failures and your learnings and how you think they can fit here at YieldStreet. Use some of the examples of what you might do in the description of the role and walk us through some of the sample solutions.
Put the “sec” in DevSecOps
- Improve our development pipeline with new automations (SAST, DAST, CSA, SCA).
- Work with software engineering to design resilient applications with security and privacy in mind as early as the process allows.
- Develop and provide application and infrastructure security training to the engineering organization.
Build a Secure Development Sandbox
- Utilize infrastructure management tooling (Ansible / Terraform / Packer) to deploy security hardened configurations in a cloud native application.
- Orchestrate security posture checks on all new infrastructure deployments.
- Scale proactive security controls to new environments (e.g. New Products, Novel Architectures).
Defend Against Bad Actors
- Deploy vulnerability management tools across multi-cloud and on-premise workstations to detect vulnerabilities and security misconfigurations
- Deploy Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions focusing on PII and PCI related data that may be in SaaS applications (e.g. GSuite, SalesForce, Box, Slack) and consider additional DLP strategies
- Work with the IT team to improve our Zero-Trust access implementation
- Have a lead participating role in mitigating security incidents
Create the Team You Want to Lead
- Build and manage a team of security engineers and analysts to deliver, monitor, and maintain the above security solutions.
On the Security Operations Team, we are the defenders against bad actors, insecure software configurations, and insider privilege misuse. We use threat modeling to assess the security impacts of change on our systems and our products.
In most organizations, cybersecurity is seen as a gatekeeper. At Yieldstreet, we are enablers of secure innovation; creating training to develop products with secure coding practices in mind, providing architectural guidance to ensure the privacy and security of our investor data, and developing security guard rails in our multi-account cloud footprint to enable product engineers to try new things without leaking data.
You are pragmatic and you understand that your decisions can impact stakeholder productivity and applications all the way up the stack. This also means you are willing to dump processes and procedures that are not productive and learn from those failures to create ones that do.
Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, a solid understanding of architecture-based security issues, how to design enterprise systems for security, strong architectural threat modeling experience, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. This role reports directly to the VP of Infrastructure and Security.
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.