Cloud Security Engineer at Latch (Remote)
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
The Cloud Security Engineer is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and improving the security posture of the Latch Cloud environment. This includes identifying and coordinating the remediation of vulnerabilities, reviewing and consulting on cloud architectures, and developing tooling and automations for common security tasks in concert with security analysts and site reliability engineers (SREs). Additionally the Cloud Security Engineer develops, maintains, and integrates Identity Access Management tools and Privileged Access Management tools to implement least-privilege principle access to our cloud environments, servers, databases, and SaaS platforms.
Seniority: Mid to Senior (5 to 7 years experience with Cloud Security Engineering, Network Security, Security or IT Operations, or Security Engineering)
- Cloud security environment vulnerability scanning and remediation with tools like Nessus, Qualys, or AWS Inspector
- Automation of security responses via AWS Lambda or similar serverless technologies
- Security response workflow automation in AWS Security Hub, JIRA, PagerDuty
- Cloud Security Architecture reviews
- Terraform / IaaC code reviews
- Operation, management, and optimization of MCAS and CASB solutions and development of related workflows and/or automated responses
- Splunk, ELK, or Sumo Logic security data monitoring signature.. Stuff
- Cloud environment security tool selection and proof of concept testing
- Data Loss Prevention event triage and operationalization
- Hardening service and user-based IAM postures across public cloud providers (particularly AWS & GCP)
- Implementation and management of commercial or in-house Privileged Access Management / IDM solutions
- Implementation and guidance to various engineering groups around Public Key Infrastructure
- Negotiation of security vendor contracts
- Reviewing security impacts and risks associated with potential new cross-functional vendor contracts, (not limited to review of ToC, Privacy Policies)
- Cloud incident response activities
- Cloud Security Risk Assessments and Reporting
- Production of compliance evidence requests pertaining to cloud infrastructure
- Periodic on-call response to significant security events within the cloud environment and Latch security monitoring systems
Nice to have:
- Hardware-based PKI experience utilizing HSMs, embedded platforms
- AWS CloudHSM or AWS KMS experience
- Development and continuing evaluation of cloud-based Data access control / Governance policies, using tools like Immuta, Cyral
- Experience with Python, Java, Terraform, CloudFormation, or NoSQL
- Familiarity with AWS Foundational Security standards or CIS Cloud Environment Standards
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 400+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Latch has over 100 employees and is subject to OSHA guidelines that require all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicant Privacy Notice