Cloud Security Engineer at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are
You are a security engineer with 2-3 years of experience and a strong desire to continue learning and building your career as a member of a growing team at a fast-paced SaaS technology company. You are excited to be surrounded by strong technical team leads who can help act as mentors for you. You work well in demanding, complex environments with rapidly changing and expanding requirements. You remain calm under pressure and enjoy problem solving and operationalizing those solutions.
- Help build and operationally manage a world-class security program covering multiple SaaS applications hosted by AWS as well as corporate IT infrastructure.
- Coordinate the vulnerability management and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) programs and work with teams to ensure findings are remediated according to agreed SLA.
- Work with and learn from senior members of the security team to improve the security of our complex containerized linux microservice environment running within AWS.
- Work with senior team members to manage the SIEM and EDR solutions by surfacing significant security events across terabytes of event logs and following through to resolution.
- Act as the initial technical point of escalation for the IT and SOC teams.
Skills & Experience
- Humility and common sense, with a strong work ethic and a hunger for learning and career growth.
- Experience working within complex AWS, Azure, or GCP environments.
- Experience managing DLP/CASB solutions across multiple SaaS applications.
- Experience coordinating vulnerability management programs and operations.
- Experience navigating logging solutions and SIEM.
- Experience working with EDR solutions across Linux, Mac, and Windows systems.
- The ability to read and write python and bash scripts in order to automate processes and tasks is desirable.
- Experience working with containerized linux systems is desirable.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.