Cloud Security Engineer
As a Cloud Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for driving solutions to enhance the security and reliability of the Namely platform that over 1,000 companies use to manage their employees and payroll. You will design, develop, deploy, manage, and support cloud platform tools, frameworks, and services. You will also be a critical part of scaling operations through automation and rigorous security engineering practices. This is a hands-on position where you will work with the Engineering teams to identify security challenges and enable the safe and continuous delivery of innovative features to production. You will work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Configure and secure cloud infrastructure.
- Design, develop, maintain, and support Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) frameworks, tools, services, and libraries leveraging public cloud infrastructures (AWS).
- Develop automation tools and frameworks for on-demand deployment environments, application definition, infrastructure provisioning, and microservices management.
- Create, set up, and run performance tests and security assessments of Namely’s software to help determine optimal hosting configurations.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, and Security teams to deliver a comprehensive, secure solution. Perform code reviews, design reviews, and provide constant feedback to teams.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies through POCs and propose solutions for implementation.
- Experience automating, maintaining, and securing infrastructure in Amazon Web Services.
- Strong experience with microservices architectures and containerization, in one or more containers and container orchestration frameworks: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, etc.
- Experience in one or more server-side programming languages (e.g. Ruby, C#, Python, Java, Go).
- Experience with configuration management using system orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Chef, or Puppet.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of one or more of Infrastructure-as-Code tools and technologies: Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Packer, etc.
- Strong experience in building platform-level shared libraries, frameworks, components, tools, and services.
- Exceptional understanding of key security concepts, technologies, and processes.
- Passion for collaboration and strong communication skills.
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision.
Nice to Have:
- Technical security certifications: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP etc.
- AWS certifications
- Previous work experience at a startup or in the HR/Financial space
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.