Content Infrastructure Security Engineer at Peloton
As a Content Security Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing and maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live and video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
The Content Security Technology Engineer is a new and innovative role under Streaming Engineering designed to leverage technology to solve security problems and be forward-thinking in the forensic posture at Peloton. This role will support in designing and securing technology, infrastructure, storage, and solutions for the Content team not only looking at our external posture but looking at our internal asset management and access control over the assets.
- Helping design & secure adaptive media delivery production facilities.
- Driving a secure identity management solution that meets the needs of production.
- Participate in the secure development of functional requirements and technical specifications for the Peloton platform.
- Research & Pilot content security/industry-specific technology. This includes forward-thinking initiatives such as designing and helping implement end-to-end secure cloud workflows for content creation.
- Creating technical security documentation and hardening guidelines for Peloton and vendor system ecosystems.
- Maintaining partnerships with Information Security teams (network monitoring, vulnerability management, etc).
- Liaise and facilitate communication between business partners and multi-functional teams and/or vendors.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of trends and standard methodologies.
- Establish and cultivate positive relationships at all levels.
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine and Fairplay
- 4+ years of professional IT/technical/Content Security experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
- Experience in securing networks and systems in a production environment.
- Experience serving as a domain expert in providing technical guidance and standard methodologies for systems & tools common in Media & Entertainment.
- Experience testing systems required to support production.
- Experience providing technical solutions with a focus on automation and security.
- Experience deploying and securing an identity management system for an organization.
- Ability to navigate the complexities of prioritization while balancing partner relationships.
- Superb communication skills in all written, oral, and presentation capabilities, with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
- Effectively coordinates work and communication across disparate groups.
- Able to quickly adapt to new technical and functional concepts.
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contending priorities.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of Media & Entertainment industry
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners and programs.
- Experience with digital rights management.
- Experience with video codecs and compression.
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience working with global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.