Core Java Engineer - Engineering Services at Quartet Health
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services bring together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, and Centene Corporation. Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
Quartet is looking for an experienced, mission-driven Core Java Engineer to help us design and build a world-class platform that enables every person in our society to thrive by providing a collaborative behavioral and physical health ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to join a diverse and growing team of talented people who genuinely love what they do. Additionally, we encourage all team members to take ownership of emerging problem areas and empower people to work autonomously as we focus on delivering meaningful results to our valued customers.
Engineers in the Engineering Services team at Quartet understand all aspects of quality in the software development lifecycle and who will spend the majority of their time developing code in our automated quality platform. For us, this means having a strong understanding of an application's functional, usability, performance, and security characteristics. This will be developed as you work directly with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers on new and improved features for our customer-facing applications. Additionally, you will make decisions as to the strategies and technologies we use with the understanding that we must find the appropriate balance of productivity, velocity, agility, and quality.
We're looking for someone who can quickly understand the architecture of the Quartet applications and platform and test the web services and features within this ecosystem by building a robust test infrastructure that will be used to drive positive health outcomes and improve people's lives in a tangible way.
In this role, you will establish processes and tools by which our applications and services, across the stack, can be tested to vet their internal functionality and end to end functionality as a means to ensure confidence that our software solutions operate as expected and that regressions are not taking place. You'll build and implement testing frameworks, automated request replay systems, front end to back end test suites, and provide tools to the greater engineering team to fully own their systems, which include their ability to create tests that guarantee their functionality.
- Work with Product and Engineering to identify high-value areas to test
- Work with Product to write test plans for features
- Work with Engineering to coordinate releases and testing
- Write Integration and Functional (end-to-end) tests
- Work with Security Engineering to define and write security tests
- Establish processes and tools by which our applications and services, across the stack, can be tested automatically.
- Support and maintenance of tools provided to the rest of the engineering team so that testing responsibilities are distributed to all engineers
- Strong experience in Java or compatible language.
- Several years experience managing and/or contributing to comprehensive functional and integration test suites from design, implementation, and maintenance of test automation and frameworks.
- Comprehensive knowledge of unit, integration and functional testing strategies
- Direct experience with the Selenium ecosystem of tools and libraries is a plus
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development practices.
- Experience with browser test automation using tools like Selenium.
- Experience with performance, scalability, and reliability testing methodologies of distributed systems.
- Subscribe to the 'security vulnerabilities are bugs that should be tested like all other bugs' philosophy
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.