Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & opportunity
The Core Platform team builds and operates services that support end-user applications and integrations with internal and external systems. We do this while working directly with our product team to understand the value we wish to deliver to our users. Our work is typically realized in the form of APIs but can take other forms such as scheduled workloads and batch ingestion pipelines. We design, implement and operate these services in collaboration with the wider engineering team to ensure an efficient and robust service offering.
As a candidate for this role, you enjoy working with a team to develop high quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You share the idea that effective testing is a critical part of the development process. You've been involved in some part with the design, implementation and delivery of software on a major cloud provider. You programming languages and appreciate Perhaps you're also looking to apply your technical leadership skills to develop people in addition to products. Ultimately, you're looking to advance your career as a software engineer by joining us to build a scalable and secure platform that helps patients receive the care they need.
- Help define, estimate and deliver features and capabilities as a member of a cross functional agile team
- Identify and make improvements to architecture, tools and techniques of the team
- Support and operate team scoped services by participating in the on-call rotation
- Teach, coach and/or mentor engineers to support their growth and improve overall team excellence
- Five years professional experience with at least one popular object oriented programming language
- Experience with at least one popular web application framework such as Spring Boot, Django, Rails, etc.
- Experience with SQL, relational database modeling and schema migration strategies
- Experience deploying services on a major cloud provider
- Awareness of web application security concepts and preventative strategies
- Understanding of API design principles and patterns such as REST, GraphQL and RPC
- Proficient with Java, Kotlin and/or Python
- Previous membership in a distributed or remote team
- Experience working with third party APIs
- An understanding of DevOps principles and practices
- Awareness or experience of applying Domain Driven Design principles
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.