Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
Our team must possess the ability to balance multiple priorities in a high pressure environment, all while keeping diplomatic, calm, and focused. We recognize that the business doesn’t operate smoothly when IT systems are not working as expected. We take ownership when these systems fail, and we never turn away a call for help. Our team has a high level of self-motivated initiative, always looking for improved ways to support the business’s operational efficiency.
As a member of the IT team, your focus will be the Foursquare employee’s most used tool: their company-issued laptop. Within the Corporate Engineering branch of IT, specifically Client Platform Engineering, you will build and maintain the tooling to secure and manage our endpoints, while maintaining a frictionless user experience. You will work closely with peers in NYC, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle to keep the IT products we build and support as healthy as they can be.
- Develop and maintain macOS standards and configuration specifications for Foursquare’s macOS population.
- Design, build, test, and administer policies for macOS in JAMF Pro.
- Create, test, and deploy MDM profiles for macOS and iOS.
- Support the lifecycle management for macOS and Mac hardware releases, system updates and upgrades, and resolution of software-related problems by working with peers in IT Operations, and using other software tools.
- Be constantly on the lookout for opportunities to eliminate manual work through tool building and automation.
- Design, develop, and manage macOS solutions in support of Foursquare’s efforts to enhance the existing enterprise architecture.
- Collaborate with other Operations teams and Engineering teams on projects and incidents.
- Create and maintain documentation about corporate systems, policies and procedures.
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in a high-achieving IT environment. This means mentoring others, setting the standard for excellence, and also identifying the resources you need to continue your own personal development.
- 2-3 years of experience in IT Systems Engineering (CPE experience preferred).
- Experience with macOS, iOS, JAMF Pro, Apple Business Manager, and any asset management system.
- Experience with modern hardware provisioning practices such as zero-touch.
- Experience packaging applications and crafting custom solutions.
- Experience with IAM/iDP SSO systems (Jumpcloud or Okta or OneLogin all qualify).
- Demonstrated abilities in Bash or other scripting and automation languages.
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows platforms.
- Experience working across several teams (technical and non-technical).
Nice to have:
- Experience with BetterCloud.
- Atlassian products - Confluence, Jira, ServiceDesk.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
- Experience with endpoint security systems (i.e., Crowdstrike).
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.