Data Operations Analyst
As a Data Operations Analyst on our Academics team, you will coordinate and supervise the integration of data from our academic medical center (AMC) partners. You will work directly with the IT teams at AMCs to understand how their data is stored and how to extract it to integrate with our platform. You will also be a pivotal member of the internal Academic Platform team, helping to find commonalities and efficiencies across sites that will enable us to scale quickly, and working with internal stakeholders to understand their data needs. Finally, you will contribute to the design and continuous improvement of our data load processes including monitoring, alerting, and issue investigation analysis.
- Identify, scope, and analyze data captured by our AMC partners to power Flatiron’s analytics and research products.
- Through analysis and communication with our AMC IT partners, understand the data model of each site’s source data and define the mapping to Flatiron’s internal model
- Work with our AMC partners to set up secure processes and technology to repeatedly extract and deliver data
- Design technical and operational processes to scale data integrations across sites
- Ensure that the extracted data is high quality
- Establish monitoring and alerting rules to identify issues in data received from sites.
- Investigate source data anomalies, define and communicate the impact and resolution plan to other Flatiron stakeholder teams
- Coordinate requests for new data elements across our partner sites
- You have 3+ years of data integration or data architecture experience
- You are proficient in SQL and other query languages
- You are thorough in your problem solving approach and pride yourself on your ability to communicate your findings to a variety of audiences (technical, product, senior leadership)
- You are self-motivated and thrive in high-uncertainty situations
- You have a passion for working with data and understand the value and importance of ensuring its quality
- You have strong project management, presentation, communication, and customer service skills
- You can travel one week a quarter to work on-site at an AMC
- You have experience with Electronic Medical Records systems, Practice Management systems, or other complex systems processing healthcare or biotechnology R&D data
- Experience working with HL7 EHR interfaces