Design Services, Front-end Engineering Lead at Unqork
Unqork is a new way to build enterprise software: it's a purely visual, drag-and-drop no-code platform designed to support the scale, complexity and security that enterprise applications require. Our customers are leaders in insurance, financial services, healthcare and the public sector, and they use Unqork to build custom software faster, with higher quality and at lower costs than code-based approaches. Founded in 2017, Unqork reached unicorn status in 2020, with a valuation of $2B. Unqork has been named one of the Best Startup Employers by Forbes, Best Places to Work by Built In and one of LinkedIn's Top Startups.
We Are Looking For:
You; a Front-end Engineer with 7+ years of experience that loves to build the front-end of applications and focuses on the end-user experience. You will work in a remote-friendly, collaborative environment with designers and other Front-end Engineers. You will oversee the quality of work from other engineers, and will report to the Director of Design Services.
Who You Are:
- You have a background in front-end development and can bring UI designs to life using HTML and CSS.
- You have led the development of multiple web applications and understand the level of effort required to execute in a timely fashion.
- You are willing to guide client teams through an array of approaches to solve a design / layout problem.
- You are an educator. You love to show and tell, and share best practices with internal team members and partner groups.
- You have experience managing other engineers and providing mentorship.
What You Will Do:
- You will work with Professional Services Delivery Leads to discuss levels of effort, set expectations and implement our client's branding and design systems.
- You will report and escalate development issues or blockers to management.
- You will develop an understanding of the Unqork platform and how to achieve desired customer designs.
- You will support in project scoping and ensure technical feasibility as it relates to UX/UI implementation within the Unqork platform.
- You will oversee the quality and efficiency of work for other engineers.
- You will help establish and uphold development best practices.
What You Bring:
- You will bring 7+ years of experience as a Front-end Engineer working within an agency or a consultancy.
- You will bring an understanding of project scoping and effort estimation.
- You will bring a deep technical expertise with HTML & CSS/SASS.
- You will bring experience with ADA/Accessibility and Compliance.
- You will bring a high level understanding of UX/UI design processes.
- You are motivated by an attuned sense of priority and urgency.
- You are a problem solver that accounts for the near-term solution and the long-term impact.
- You have an interest in learning everything about Unqork and the no-code space.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.