Dev Ops Software Engineer
Finding great healthcare is hard. Simplifeye is transforming how practices engage with patients by introducing frictionless workflow to all interactions. By helping practices manage and optimize their business, Simplifeye empowers doctors to focus on what truly matters: providing patients with high quality healthcare.
Simplifeye is a fast growing and energetic team. We strongly believe that great people are the foundation of great products. Our team is comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, ranging from industry veterans to recent graduates. If you’re passionate about quality healthcare, building world-class products, and growing alongside those around you - we’d love to hear from you!
- Build and maintain scalable infrastructure using a variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) services and resources.
- Maintain security and compliance standards. Our systems work heavily with Protected Health Information (PHI) - we therefore need to maintain strict HIPAA compliance across our entire stack.
- Responsible for audits, pen-testing and hardening of services.
- Coordination and deployment of releases..
- Management of database schema changes and updates.
- Maintenance of CI/CD pipeline across a variety of platforms.
- Provide investigative support for production systems.
- Be on call for production events or outages.
- You’re a self-starter with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
- You’re an autonomous worker with the ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- You have an analytical mindset, and use qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision making
- You have strong AWS skills, particularly with: Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, S3, Fargate, RDS(Aurora), Lambda, ElastiCache(Redis)
- You are proficient in networking/VPC
- You know the ins and outs of containers and infrastructure orchestration
- You have API Gateway experience (AWS/KONG/TYK)
- You possess an in depth knowledge of Unix/Unix-like systems
- You like to script and automate everything you can
- You know how to manage monitoring and alerting systems and implement application performance management
- You understand permission systems
- Excellent communication skills
- 4+ years in a devops/sysadmin role
- A computer science/STEM degree or equivalent equivalent experience
- Experience in a relevant healthcare role
- Terraform or CloudFormation experience
- Jenkins familiarity
- Experience scaling an Elasticsearch cluster
- Azure/Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience
- Experience with third party audits, HIPAA/SOX/PCI
- Security background and experience with IDS/IPS and DDOS mitigation
- Familiarity scaling PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with Node.js management
Perks & Benefits
- Simplifeye provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards.
- Robust benefit package including stock options, Health/Dental/Vision coverage, 401k, and commuter benefits
- Health and Wellness initiatives including discounts on Gym Memberships.
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.