Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team:
The Developer Experience team is passionate about making sure that customers both new and old are enabled for success when using Foursquare technology. We strive to build an organic community of developers who love Foursquare’s products and fuel our company's growth. We interact with our technical users on a daily basis to understand their needs and make their usage of Foursquare Developer tools a more enjoyable experience. We write sample code and guides to lower the barrier to entry for new users and to educate developers on the power of our technology. We collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to influence product strategy and features on behalf of our developers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Foster and build out our online developer community presence on key platforms
- Engage with the Foursquare developer community to troubleshoot and solve problems and educate them on the power of Foursquare technology.
- Facilitate developer events and be Foursquare’s visible representative through speaking engagements and developer outreach
- Write and manage open source demo applications, samples, blog posts and user guides to drive adoption of our technology
- Advocate for our community in our product and engineering organizations to influence roadmaps and make sure developers best interests are at the forefront of deliberation
- Work with engineering to identify and fix issues in core products, getting your hands dirty to solve issues impacting users and provide workarounds wherever possible
- Prior experience as a software engineer, consultant or other technical role with exposure to a broad range of platforms and technologies - at least one of Mobile SDKs, APIs or Data Engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with public speaking and technical writing
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing and GTM
- Experience using online communities to interact with developers (Stack Overflow, GitHub, Slack, etc)
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.