Lifion Developer Evangelist
Do you love helping people use tools to build great things?
Lifion is looking for a Developer Evangelist to work closely with ADP's development community to make the most of our in-house application development platform and toolset. You will be responsible for driving usage of the Lifion development platform, sharing best practices, and providing feedback to the core Lifion teams to help build next generation HCM applications.
In this role, you will become an expert in the use and application of the Lifion platform, from design and architecture through debugging and QA. You will be a visible representative of the Lifion platform within ADP, placing you in a central position to share, teach, and engage in our next generation technology. You will also serve as a conduit between the application developers you're serving and the team building those platforms -- with the goal of providing feedback and input to improve everyone's experience.
- Act as the primary Lifion contact for local development teams -- ensuring that members are trained and can effectively build on the platform
- Respond to internal application developer questions regarding the use of Lifion platform's capabilities in a timely and complete manner
- Develop documentation and demos showcasing the latest features delivered by the platform
- Guide and govern usage of the Lifion platform's existing capabilities, in conjunction with other Developer Evangelists and core Lifion workstreams
- Foster the Lifion Development community across ADP, contributing to a robust and always up to date set of resources
- Aid in the analysis of HCM application needs to identify best use of Lifion platform capabilities
- Engage with workstream product owners and tech leads to identify product improvements which could improve application developer productivity
- Proficiency in writing basic computer programs
- Understanding of web application architecture and design
- Desire to guide, teach, and mentor application developers
- Exercises restraint when exploring and proposing approaches to problems. Balances "getting things working" with "the right way."
- Demonstrable high-level knowledge of programming fundamentals (variables, loops, basic data structures, functions)
- Patient listener and clear communicator who can distill application use cases into small, concise problems
- Interest in moving away from pure development into a product focused role
- 6-24 months of hands-on software development experience in a production capacity
- Knowledge of microservices and service-oriented-architecture concepts
- Experience working with products aimed at software developers (e.g., Salesforce Lightning, Xcode, Visual Studio, Mobile platform such as Facebook Messenger)
- Prior data modeling or architectural design experience
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.