Developer Support Engineer (New York, New York) at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Developer Support Engineer who will help expand support for our technical product suite. It’s an exciting time at Squarespace as we ramp up channels of support for our technical users and expand our API offerings. We want someone who, like us, cares about understanding and supporting our technical users and partners. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy working with our technical product suite and contributing to the team through a mix of coding, customer communication, support, consultations, and content creation (blog posts, videos, technical documentation).
At Squarespace, our Technical Product Support team is a cross-department contact for technical issues spanning across our entire product suite. We partner with a variety of teams—Engineering to debug and patch issues and Product teams to present developer user stories to improve the platform. You will help us support external developers who build with Squarespace products and consult businesses evaluating our offerings.
You will report to the Senior Team Lead of Technical Product Support.
- Advise valued customers and partners on best practices, architecture, and design to speed adoption and customer success with Squarespace products
- Help troubleshoot advanced issues on the Squarespace consumer and Developer Platform
- Resolve technical issues by filing, managing, and evaluating bugs and improvements with Product and Engineering teams
- Support business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) inquiries through technical consultations
- Advocate on behalf of the developer community by collecting and distilling user feedback to validate and influence product and engineering decisions
- Help maintain developer facing technical documentation and our Developer Portal
- 3+ years experience optimizing site performance across a variety of devices and web browsers
- Experience looking into unfamiliar code to gain insight into underlying issues
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting APIs
- Experience describing the structure, characteristics, and behavior of software to assorted team members who consume it
- You’re empathetic with the ability to put yourself in the customer’s shoes to figure out solutions that will best solve their needs or fix their issues
- You enjoy knowledge sharing, team collaboration, teaching and learning from others
- You enjoy making complex technical concepts accessible and understandable to all kinds of audiences
- You enjoy figuring things out and picking up new skills quickly—with a passion for learning how things work and how to use new technologies
Bonus Experience (Preferred but not required so shout out about it in your application if you have experience with any of the following)
- Familiarity with accessibility regulations and standards (ADA, WCAG)
- Presentation experience evangelizing technical products
- Strong presence in web development community including social media and forums
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 900 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.