Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We strongly believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software, and it’s our mission to empower them by bringing modern application development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We’re looking for someone passionate about customer advocacy, improving the customer experience, and providing world-class support for our PaaS offering.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you'll work both independently and collaboratively with your team to troubleshoot and resolve highly-technical issues that customers encounter while using our platform. You'll partner cross-functionally with our product and engineering teams to drive feedback, improve internal & external tooling, launch new products & features, and deliver an exceptional customer experience. This opening is for 1pm-9pm PST.What You’ll Be Doing
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical support requests created by our customers spanning a growing range of developer-centric products, including managed applications, static sites, and content delivery solutions
- Contributing to internal documentation that provides your team with the resources they need to perform in their role and external documentation that allows our customers to self-serve
- Engaging customers and responding to technical questions received through our community Q&A forum
- Representing the voice of support, speaking on behalf of our customers through direct engagement with our product and engineering teams
- Experience deploying, scaling, and troubleshooting NodeJS, Python, and PHP applications in production
- Knowledge of the CI/CD pipeline and GitHub repositories, actions, and deployment workflows
- Growth mindset, with an unrelenting focus on improving your knowledge and skill set
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a high degree of autonomy in a remote work environment
- Bonus: Experience troubleshooting basic and advanced Kubernetes issues, from pods and deployments to the control plane
- Bonus: Experience troubleshooting one or more database engines: MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses-paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!